Russell W. Cooper
|Professor of Economics|
Joined the faculty in 2012
University of Pennsylvania
611 Kern Graduate Building
Phone: (814) 863-2158
Fax: (814) 863-4775
Personal Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/coopereconomics/
Office Hours for Fall 2013: by appointment
Areas of Interest:
- International Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Industrial Organization
“The Cost of Labor Adjustment: Inferences from the Gap", (Joint with Jonathan Willis), Review of Economic Dynamics, 12 (2009), 632-647
“Regional Debt in Monetary Unions: Is it Inflationary?” (joint with Hubert Kempf and Dan Peled) European Economic Review. 54 (2009), 345-58.
Costs," (joint with Yosef Bonaparte and Guozhong Zhu) Journal of Monetary Economics, 59, 2012, 751-68.
“Insulation Impossible: Fiscal Spillovers in a Monetary Union”, NBER Working Paper # 15176, July 2009, (joint with Hubert Kempf and Dan Peled), forthcoming Journal of the European Economic Association, http://www.eeassoc.org/doc/upload/Cooper-etal20121217175754.pdf.
“Comment on The Economics of Labor Adjustment: Mind the Gap: Evidence from a Monte Carlo Experiment: Reply”, (joint with Jonathan Willis), forthcoming American Economic Review.
“Sustaining Cooperation with Joint Ventures,” (joint with Thomas Ross), Journal of Law,Economics and Organization, 2007.
“Is it is or is it Ain't my Obligation? Regional Debt in a Fiscal Federation,” (joint with Hubert Kempf and Dan Peled), International Economic Review, 49 (2008), 1469- 1504.
Research in Progress:
- The Life Cycle of Household Finance, joint with Guozhong Zhu
- Non-convexities, Interest Rates and the Monetary Transmission Process, joint with Jonathan Willis
- Factor Reallocation in China, joint with Guan Gong and Ping Yan
- Productivity and Capital Reallocation, joint with Pablo D'Erasmo and John Haltiwanger
- Inattention or Capital Adjustment Costs, joint with Huabin Wu
- Aggregate Implications of Lumpy Investment, joint with Immo Schott