- To be eligible, students must have at least a 3.5 GPA, overall and in their major.
- Economics major or a Business/Math major with an Economics minor.
- Other disciplines may be considered on an exception basis but must demonstrate some level of interest in Economics.
- Must be at least a sophomore.
- Cannot be graduating in the semester during which the position is to be held.
- Prior recipients are eligible for a second research experience in the program, subject to these same conditions.
Expectation is 125 hours with a minimum threshold of 100 hours per student.