Who can benefit?
The program is well suited to those:
- wishing to pursue a career that requires an advanced degree in economics
- who want to pursue a Ph.D in economics but need more preparation to get into a top program
- with undergraduate training in economics in an institution that is less known to US employers and institutions
Why Penn State?
Our M.A. program
- is administered and taught by the same tenured and tenure-track faculty who teach and supervise our PhD students. Learn more by visiting our faculty directory
- provides rigorous training in quantitative approaches as well as in economic theory. It will prepare our students for future economics-related careers, whether they are academic or not
- provides numerous research opportunities within the Department which is one of the top research institutions in the country
- offers qualified students the opportunity to take our PhD courses
Our graduate program (MA and PhD) has been reclassified as STEM (CIP Code 45.0603: Econometrics and Quantitative Economics). Students in STEM degree programs can apply for a 24 month STEM extension of F1 Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Liberal Arts About the College
Information on the honor code and the college values statement for graduate students available at: http://www.la.psu.edu/current-students/graduate-students