The Department of Economics offers an integrated program allowing students to combine a B.A. or B.S. in Economics degree with a Master of Arts in Economics degree as a continuous program of study. The IUG program will provide an opportunity for a strong student in Economics to complete a Masters degree within 5 total years of study. Students typically start the integrated program in fall of the fourth year of the undergraduate program and the program is completed in the subsequent two years.
The program provides many advantages for qualifying students:
- It allows qualified students to have a coherent plan of study that takes advantage of advising informed by both the bachelor’s and the master’s programs.
- It will benefit those who want to pursue a Ph.D. in economics but need more preparation to get into a top Ph.D. program;
- Qualified students will have early exposure to graduate level courses, access to graduate faculty and contact with graduate students.
- It benefits those wishing to pursue a career in the private and public sectors that requires an advanced degree in economics;
- For most students, the total time required to complete the M.A. will be less than if the B.A./B.S. and M.A. degrees were completed separately.
Please contact Bee-Yan Roberts if you have any questions or would like additional information on the IUG Program.